- Oak Ridge Calendar
- 7th Grade
- 8th Grade
- Daily Bulletin
- Delays/Cancellation Information
- English Language Learners
- Family & Consumer Science
- Industrial Technology
- LMOnline Payments Portal
- Middle School Supply List
- Music Department
- Nutrition Services
- Reading & Social Studies TAG Program
- School Handbook
- Student Fees
- Student Support Services
- Talented and Gifted (TAG)
- Team 6A
- Team 6B
- Virtual Backpack
Oak Ridge Middle School Activity Bus Route
The Linn-Mar Community School District funds the after school Activity Bus for students at Excelsior and Oak Ridge Middle Schools. PLEASE CLOSELY REVIEW THE ROUTE BELOW.
The bus is designed to allow students after school academic and extracurricular opportunities and provide some transportation assistance to parents. Unfortunately, due to the wide area covered and the number of participants, we are unable to provide the “school to home” transportation that regular bus routes do. Instead, transportation will be provided to the Group/Neighborhood stops listed below, only. If you feel that the closest stop for your student is too far from your home, you will need to make arrangements for the transportation of your student from the stop to home.
The bus will run every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday that school is in session and will leave the building at 4:00pm. If students are staying after school with a teacher for instructional purposes, that teacher or the student WILL contact parents in advance to make transportation arrangements.
Students who are participating in other Oak Ridge programs (Homework Club, Art Club, Drama Club, GALS, etc) may ride home on the activity bus, but staff WILL NOT be contacting parents. In this situation, parents need to discuss the route stop number with their child ahead of time if they choose to use the Activity Bus.
Students must sign in on the computer document to in order to ride the Activity Bus. Each teacher supervising and after-school program has access to this document. Without this step, your child will not be able to board the bus. This ensures staff that students are supervised in the building from 2:45 p.m. – 3:50 p.m.
The Activity Bus is not for athletic programs as most practices run past 4:00 p.m. Parents are responsible for transporting students from athletic practices.
2018-2019 Oak Ridge Activity Bus Route Approximate Drop Off Times
- Stop 1 4:00 p.m. Depart Oak Ridge
- Stop 2 4:09 p.m. East Knoll Drive & Evergreen Lane
- Stop 3 4:13 p.m. Westfield Elementary School (driveway)
- Stop 4 4:18 p.m. 71st Street NE & White Ivy Pl NE (west end)
- Stop 5 4:22 p.m. Creekside Drive NE & Rolling Creek Drive NE
- Stop 6 4:26 p.m. Bowman Woods Elementary School (driveway)
- Stop 7 4:29 p.m. Brentwood Drive NE & Devonshire Drive NE
- Stop 8 4:31 p.m. Ashton Place NE (by Valley View Apartments)
- Stop 9 4:34 p.m. Greenfield Street NE & Oakwood Avenue NE
- Stop 10 4:36 p.m. Grand Reserve Apartments/Rockwell Drive NE (Parking lot in front of Office)
- Stop 11 4:41 p.m. Cedar Rapids Bowling Center (parking lot)
- Stop 12 4:45 p.m. Lindale Drive & West 9th Avenue
- Stop 13 4:47 p.m. Lindale Drive & Manor Drive (Lindale Manor Mobile Home Court)
- Stop 14 4:50 p.m. Longview Drive & Ridge Drive
If you have any questions regarding the Activity Bus, please contact Jessica Deahl by email or phone, (319) 730-3559.