Early Childhood Blended Program (ECBP)
(Click on the link above to register your child to be screened. You will only be able to select February 19th and 22nd for screening dates.)
Screening Dates for the 2021-2022 School Year are scheduled for February 19, 2021 and February 22, 2021.
If you are interested in having your child screened for our Early Childhood Blended Program, please sign up for a date and time.
Children will be screened in the areas of literacy, mathematics and social-emotional development. Completion of these items will include teacher and parent input. The process will take approximately 30 minutes.
Guardians will need to bring Proof of Residency and Birth Verification to the screening.
Important Information about ECBP:
Our district offers an all-day alternative kindergarten program called the Early Childhood Blended Program (ECBP). The ECBP program offers a blended approach to learning that includes a mix of early childhood education and elementary education. The school day will focus on social, emotional and behavioral growth as well as have a literacy and math focus. Below is important information about our program:
- Children must turn 6 years of age between March 15, 2022 and September 15, 2022 to qualify.
- Children must live in the Linn-Mar Community School District to participate in this program. Open enrollment is not an option for this program.
- A year of ECBP is followed by a year of full day kindergarten.
- A student attending ECBP would be considered as being retained in kindergarten.
- All ECBP locations are at Novak Elementary.
- Creative Curriculum is utilized throughout the school day which is based on early childhood theories and research. It creates purposeful and productive play experiences that help children grow in all areas. The goal of the Creative Curriculum is for children to become independent, self-confident, curious learners who work well with others.
- The Early Childhood Blended Program uses SPLASH into Pre-K which is a comprehensive coverage of all the critical domains and fully integrates all curricular areas of learning through the program. Every aspect of SPLASH into Pre-K was intentionally designed and developed ensuring seamless teaching and learning and Kindergarten readiness.
- The first Monday of each month (with the exception of Labor Day) will be Professional Development time for staff and children will not attend.
- Enrollment in this program will be determined by data collected from parents and through the screening process to help identify how we can best meet your child’s needs.
If you have questions about our Early Childhood Blended Program, please contact Michaela O’Connell at 319-730-3627.
Within all programming options, the developmental needs of the child will be monitored on a regular basis to ensure the current placement is appropriate for the child. Teacher and parent communication is important during the first several months of school so that the educational experience of the child is successful.
Director of Early Childhood Education: Michaela O’Connell