TQSA- Focusing on Teacher Quality and Student Achievement
- Bob Read, Associate Superintendent, Teacher Leadership Program Coordinator, and Online Learning Principal
- Karla Ries, Director of Elementary Teaching & Learning
- Kelly Kretschmar, Principal of Indian Creek Elementary
- Ryan Kreher, Echo Hill Elementary
- Kim Buelt, Associate Principal of Linn-Mar High School
- Jess Dirks, Excelsior Middle School
- Steven Starkey, Associate Principal of Excelsior Middle School
- Kali Gassmann, Boulder Peak Intermediate
- Jeanne Turner, Linn-Mar High School
- Debra Barry, Echo Hill Elementary
- Shannon Bisgard (Ex-Officio), Superintendent
For questions on the TQSA program contact:
Bob Read, Associate Superintendent
319-447-3016 / Email
Address: 2999 N 10th Street, Marion, IA 52302
Duties of the Teacher Quality Student Achievement Committee
- Monitor the local implementation of the Student Achievement and Teacher Quality program.
- Following the Iowa Professional Development Model, determine the use and distribution of professional development funds.
- Monitor the professional development in each attendance center to ensure that professional development meets the school district, agency, attendance center, and individual professional development plans.
- Monitor the district teacher evaluation requirements to ensure they are conducted in a fair and consistent manner throughout the school district or agency.
- Ensure the agreement negotiated pursuant to Chapter 20 determine the compensation for teachers on the committee for work responsibilities required beyond the normal workday.
Senate file 277 (SF277), passed in 2007, requires each district and AEA to create a teacher quality committee with equal representation of administrators and teachers. The committee must function under the Iowa Open Meetings Law or Iowa Code Chapter 21. This includes conforming to the requirements regarding the timelines related to postings of meeting agendas, retention of official minutes and records.
The TQSA Committee will hold meetings on the following Wednesdays from 4:00 to 5:00 PM at the HS lecture hall:
- August 31, 2022 Agenda and Minutes
- September 28, 2022 Agenda and Minutes
- October 26, 2022 Agenda and Minutes
- November 30th, 2022
- January 25th, 2023
- February 22nd, 2023
- March 22nd, 2023
- April 26th, 2023
- May 17th, 2023
- TQSA Form A 2022-2023 (Download a copy before editing please)
- TQSA Form B 2022-2023 (Download a copy before editing please)
2020-2021 Agendas and Minutes
- May 12, 2021 Agenda and Minutes
- August 18, 2021 Agenda and Minutes
- September 22, 2021 Agenda and Minutes
- October 25, 2021 Agenda and Minutes
- November 17, 2021 Agenda and Minutes
- January 19, 2022 Agenda and Minutes
- February 23, 2022 Agenda and Minutes
- March 23, 2022 Agenda and Minutes
- April 27, 2022 Agenda and Minutes
- May 11, 2022 Agenda and Minutes