Skip to content

Open Enrollment and Transfer Requests

Open Enrollment

Iowa open enrollment law allows parents/guardians to enroll their student in a public school district other than their district of residence by completing an open enrollment application.

Transfer Requests (Attendance Exception Requests)

Parents/guardians of Linn-Mar resident students wishing to attend a Linn-Mar school outside their assigned attendance center (residing school) must submit their annual written request for an attendance exception request (AER) by March 1st of the presiding school year. For example: AER forms for the 2021-22 school year beginning in August 2021 must be submitted by March 1, 2021.