The Linn-Mar Community School District’s Strategic Plan was updated and approved by the Board of Directors during the August 14, 2023 board meeting.
In summary, the Strategic Plan states that by the end of the 2028-29 school year, Linn-Mar will be an educational leader that graduates engaged and prepared citizens and is a destination employer recruiting and retaining the highest level of educational professionals.
These successes will be accomplished through a focus on creating opportunities, engagement, and a welcoming and inclusive learning environment.
The Strategic Plan focuses on five key areas:
- Community Engagement: We will advocate for support and investment in Linn-Mar.
- Learning Experience: We will empower student achievement through unique, differentiated learning opportunities.
- Learner Experience: We will foster a safe, healthy, and respectful learning environment.
- People & Culture: We will build and retain a dynamic team that engages in a collaborative, data-informed learning culture.
- Resource Management: We will optimize the use of our financial, physical, and technological infrastructure.
Development of the Strategic Plan was a lengthy process and the district would like to thank all the stakeholders who contributed. The process began with the State of the District Address held on October 3, 2022. The Linn-Mar Board of Directors then held community conversations and gathered results from surveys, which were sent to the parents and community members. The results from the community conversations and surveys were then used to guide and update the district’s Strategic Plan.