Junior/Senior Busing for 2018-19
For eligible students, please fill out the Junior/Senior Bus Transportation request form for busing for the 2018-19 school year.
Transportation eligibility is based on a student’s residence (home address). The district provides transportation for elementary and middle school students whose residence is more than two miles from their designated attendance center and high school students whose residence is more than three miles away.
Prior approval is needed from the Transportation Department if a student wants to ride on a route to which they are not assigned. Without approval from the Transportation Office, students attempting to ride a route to which they are not assigned will be sent to their assigned bus or the school office. To obtain approval, the parent/guardian of the student wishing to ride on a bus other than their own must contact the Transportation Department at 447-3030.
Attendance Exception Requests are not eligible for district provided transportation.
Parents/guardians of open enrolled students whose income falls below 160 percent of the federal poverty guidelines are eligible for transportation assistance.
School Bus Safety
School bus safety is a shared responsibility among parents, students, and the bus driver. Please review and reinforce these bus safety guidelines with your children regularly.
Transportation to Daycare
The transportation of K-8 students to daycare provider sites are provided as a courtesy by the Linn-Mar Community School District under the following conditions:
- The student must be eligible for transportation services, based on the student’s primary home address.
- The daycare provider must be located in a bused area within the student’s attendance center boundary.
- There is an available seat on the corresponding bus.
- The bus will not change its route or make additional stops to deliver the daycare student.
- Daycare transportation will be limited to ONE location, Monday through Friday.
- Changes/requests must be received at least two weeks in advance of the anticipated start date.
Due to bus capacity levels and route boundaries, there are is no guarantee of a seat for daycare transportation.
For more information contact:
Address: 490 62nd Street, Marion, IA 52302