L-M Hall of Fame Seeks Nominations
Linn-Mar Athletic Hall Of Fame Criteria
1. ATHLETES – Must be out of school six years or more:
- Must have participated in athletics at Linn-Mar
- Must be a good citizen in their adult life
2. COACH or ADMINISTRATOR – No longer coaching in that sport at Linn-Mar:
- No longer an administrator at Linn-Mar
3. SUPPORTER OF LINN-MAR ATHLETICS:
- Helps promote Linn-Mar athletics
Candidates are selected on an annual basis by a joint committee comprised of Linn-Mar athletic coaches and administrators. Winners will be honored in the fall or winter on a date selected by the committee.
Parameters to Consider in Selection Process:
1. Selection rules
2. Number of selections will be determined by selection committee
3. Balance among sports
4. Gender balance
5. Racial balance
6. Balance in time periods represented
7. Accomplishments and citizenship since leaving Linn-Mar
8. Connections with Linn-Mar (relatives, etc.) – “Name recognition” by current LMHS students.
*To nominate an individual, please submit a letter of recommendation by November 16th with the nominee’s accomplishments, involvement, and relationship to Linn-Mar High School. Please include nominee’s contact information.