Linn-Mar Key Club Attends District Convention
Six students from the Linn-Mar Key Club recently attended the Nebraska-Iowa District of Key Club International’s 2017 District Convention held March 17-19 in Omaha, Nebraska.
The students listened to guest speakers, attended workshops, learned new skills and participated in service projects.
During the convention, two Linn-Mar High School students were elected to serve on the 2017-2018 district board.
Junior Reshma Balakrishnan was elected to serve as district governor and sophomore Samyukta Karthik was elected as the district bulletin editor.
The Linn-Mar Key Club received several awards to recognize their hard work over the past year:
- 1st place – Non-digital Poster Contest
- 1st place – Major Emphasis Award (for Linn-Mar’s Dance Marathon benefiting the University of Iowa Children’s Hospital)
- 1st place – Platinum Single Service Award (for Linn-Mar’s Color Run benefiting the Thirst Project)
Several individuals were also recognized for their outstanding leadership and service:
- Robert F. Lucas Outstanding Lieutenant Governor – Reshma Balakrishnan, junior
- 1st place – Distinguished Club Officer – Sanjana Addagarla, junior
- 1st place – Distinguished Club Bulletin Editor – Samyukta Karthik, sophomore
- Outstanding Key Club Member for Iowa – Grant Chulystun, junior
The Linn-Mar Key Club is a service organization that is devoted to helping our community “unlock” a brighter future through leadership, inclusiveness, caring and character building.
Congratulations to the Linn-Mar Key Club on their achievements and awards!