Pre-K through 6th Grade go to A/B Hybrid Plan
Due to the increased number of COVID-19 cases impacting our schools and our community, we will be transitioning from our current learning model to the A/B Hybrid Model for all students in Pre-Kindergarten through 6th grade beginning Monday, November 16th through Tuesday, December 22nd.
Important Points Regarding the Transition:
- The A/B Hybrid Model will be very similar to the learning model we used at the start of the school year with students attending school in-person every other day.
- Students will receive direct instruction on the days they attend school in-person.
- Unlike the soft start at the beginning of the year, on the day students are not attending school in-person, they will still have learning opportunities provided by their teachers which they will access through Schoology. These learning activities will be done asynchronously, so students will be able to learn at a time that works best for them and for your family’s schedule.
- Students should bring their school-issued devices home with them for use on the days they are not at school in-person to access their learning activities.
- Students will be designated as part of either the ‘A’ day group or the ‘B’ day group. This designation will be made by the school that your student attends. Unless you are notified by your building principal, if your student was in the ‘A’ group at the start of the year they will be in the ‘A’ group now as well. The same applies to students that started the year in the ‘B’ group.
- Students returning from the Family Choice Model (online learning only) to Onsite Learning for the second quarter will be assigned to an ‘A’ day group or a ‘B’ day group by their building principals.
- The transition to the A/B Hybrid Model will begin on Monday, November 16th with an ‘A’ day.
- Lunch will be available for students on the days they are participating in at-home learning and can be picked up at Novak Elementary, Linn Grove Elementary, or Westfield Elementary from 9:00-9:30 AM.
- Students remaining in the Family Choice Model (online learning only) will continue to follow their current schedules without any changes.
- Look for more details to be provided by your student’s teacher and school.
We recognize that this decision puts an additional burden on our families. Please know that we are taking this action to protect the health and safety of our students and staff. We hope to be able to return to in-person learning in the near future, but this will depend on the status of COVID-19 in our community and in our schools. We ask everyone to do their part to stop the spread of the virus so we can keep everyone safe and return all of our students to onsite learning.
Shannon Bisgard, Superintendent
Linn-Mar Community School District