Resource Meeting for Families with Disabled Students
If you have a child with a disability, it is important to ensure your child has access to the services which best fit their needs, now and in the future.
Waivers offer a funding source for a variety of services. Families should learn about and apply for waivers as soon as possible. Unfortunately, for many services there are long wait lists, and applying early may help your child get the services they need in a timely manner.
Join us for our Waiver Workshop.
It’s open to all Linn-Mar families who have a child with a disability (PK-21 years of age).
When: Tuesday, May 17th, 6:30 PM
Where: Linn-Mar Boardroom (LRC)
2999 N. 10th Street, Marion, Iowa
The Waiver Workshop will answer the following questions (and more):
• What is Medicaid?
• What is a Medicaid Waiver Program?
• What Waiver programs does Iowa Medicaid offer?
• What services are offered under each Waiver Program?
• Who qualifies, how do you apply and what is the process after you submit
• What information should people know to help access Waiver services?
• What is Iowa Medicaid Habilitation Funding and East Central Region
MHDD gap funding?
The presenter for the evening will be Ingrid Wensel, from To The Rescue.