Return to Learn Changes After Winter Break
In September, the Linn-Mar School Board voted to require masks for students in pre-kindergarten through sixth grade. This requirement was to remain in effect until a COVID vaccine was widely available for children. The board set a date of 60 days after the children’s vaccine was approved by the CDC to allow ample time for families to have their students vaccinated.
- On Tuesday, November 2, 2021, the CDC approved the children’s vaccine. In accordance with the board’s earlier action, the district will no longer require masks in the buildings when we return from winter break on January 3, 2022. Click here for the updated Return to Learn Plan (12/13/21)
- However, due to a separate CDC directive, masks will continue to be required on all Linn-Mar school buses at all times.
- Some of the Little Lions Preschool students are only four years of age, which is younger than the vaccination age range of 5-11 years. It would be difficult to require masks for some of the Little Lions students but not for others. Therefore, we will continue to encourage mask use, but will no longer require them in the Little Lions Preschool classrooms after winter break as well.
- Current virtual students will have the opportunity to return to in-person learning if they choose to do so. For additional information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are also very happy to start 2022 by welcoming back our dedicated team of volunteers. They, along with other guests, will be allowed back in all the buildings after winter break.
In general, the district will continue to recommend the use of masks in all buildings. We also encourage everyone to be respectful of individual family preferences. If you have any questions regarding changes to the Return-to-Learn Plan, please contact email@example.com.
We appreciate everyone’s cooperation as we work together as the Linn-Mar Community School District to Inspire Learning, Unlock Potential, and Empower Achievement.