USDA to Temporarily Provide Free Breakfast and Lunch for all LM Students
To start the year, Linn-Mar will be participating in the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) that the USDA recently extended. This program is scheduled to run until December 31st or until funds run out.
At this point, no one really knows when this funding may run out, so like everything related to COVID, it will be a fluid process and we will notify families as soon as possible of any changes.
For the time being, this means:
- All Linn-Mar students ages 18 and under will be eligible for free meals (breakfast and lunch)
- We will serve students attending on-site at all of our school locations
- Grab and go locations for hybrid and virtual students include Linn Grove and Novak elementary schools, and as of October 5th, pickup is also available at Westfield.
- Parent/Guardian or student can pick-up meal between 9:00 and 9:30 daily
- All meals will be bagged and all grade levels will have the same hot meal (special diets and allergies will be considered)
When funds run out, we will go back to the National School Breakfast and Lunch programs and students will be charged according to their eligibility. For now, the free bagged meals will be the only option for school lunch, other than students bringing their own lunch from home.
Please Note: This does not include individual milk, Ala Carte, Staff/Adult meals, or second meals for students. In those cases, the regular rates will apply.