2127 27th Street
Marion IA 52302
School Hours: 8:30 AM to 3:15 PM
Main Office: (319) 447-3380
Attendance Office: (319) 447-3382
Fax: (319) 373-9195
Grades: PreK thru 4th
Enrollment: 437 as of October 1, 2019
We, the Linn-Mar community, are dedicated to the development of lifelong learners by equipping them with the knowledge and skills to confidently meet life’s challenges as responsible, productive citizens.
The operations of the Linn-Mar Community School District are continuously measured against the following beliefs:
- We believe an educated population, cable of thinking independently and working together, is critical to democracy.
- We believe all individuals have the right to privacy of their beliefs and values.
- We believe there is value in diversity.
- We believe quality schools measure what they do and act upon the results.
- We believe quality schools have clearly defined expectations.
- We believe responsible decision making requires knowledge of the past, an understanding of the needs of the present and a vision of the future.
- We believe learning occurs best in a safe and secure environment.
- We believe individuals are unique and learn at different rates and in different ways.
- We believe it is critical to the success of the learning process to apply knowledge and practice skills.
- We believe a changing world demands that all people be lifelong learners.
- We believe the entire community, working in partnership, creates the conditions for successful learning.
As productive, responsible, lifelong learners it is essential Linn-Mar students be:
- Users of Core Skills and Knowledge – who are competent in computation, mathematical reasoning, and use multiple technologies; who can use cultural, artistic, historical and scientific concepts to explain, assess and anticipate change; who learn new skills and knowledge, as needed.
- Thinkers – who independently access information and resources; who create and critically investigate multiple options; who make decisions that effectively solve a variety of problems.
- Self-Directed Learners – who are aware of their strengths, needs, interests and wants; who can set achievable goals, monitor and evaluate their progress; who are resourceful in responding to change.
- Responsible Citizens – who recognize the relationships between self and others; who accept responsibility for their personal actions; who actively participate in improving themselves, their family and local and global communities.
- Effective Communicators – who listen, speak, write, read and respond clearly to a variety of audiences and purposes.
- Collaborative Workers – who use their interpersonal skills to develop constructive relationships with diverse individuals and groups.
|Amanda Potter||Principal||(319) 447-3381|
|Lisa Silver||School Facilitator||(319) 447-3235|
|Vicky Faulkner||Building Secretary||(319) 447-3380|
|Nick Mohwinkle||School Counselor||(319) 447-3383|
|Jackie Butz||Counselor’s Secretary||(319) 447-3382|
|Anna-Lisa Grant||Health Assistant||(319) 447-3385|
|Marilyn Calcara||School Nurse||(319) 447-3385|
Before/After School Care
Hand in Hand, Inc