Little Lion’s Preschool Registration Information
REGISTRATION LINK FOR THE 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR
(This link will become active at NOON on February 7, 2022)
A spot in the preschool program will not be offered to your family unless you have completed the link above AND turned in the requested items listed below.
Student must be 4 years old on or before September 15th, 2022 to participate.
REGISTRATION FOR THE CURRENT SCHOOL YEAR IS CLOSED
2022-2023 Registration will begin the first Monday in February of 2022. Please watch our website for an updated link that will go live at noon on that day for you to enroll a child who will be four years of age on or before September 15, 2022.
Preschool Registration Information
Who: Our Little Lion’s Preschool Program is for students who will be four years of age on or before September 15 of the upcoming school year. Students will not be accepted into the program if they are too young or too old for this program.
When: At noon on the first Monday in February registration will begin for the upcoming school year. The link above will become live at NOON. The first round of offers into our preschool program will occur the week of March 7, 2022.
Where: Registration is held online utilizing the link above. If you do not have access to a computer, devices are available at the LRC building at 2999 North 10th Street in Marion for those needing assistance for registering their child(ren).
What: Registration consists of:
- Fill out the Google Survey Link above for the upcoming school year. This survey will collect information about your child, your family, and allow you to share your preference of morning, afternoon and location for preschool. Your entry will be date and time stamped to ensure we offer spots to families based on this order once paperwork is submitted. You will receive a confirmation message, not email, that will remind you of additional paperwork that must be submitted for your child’s registration to be considered complete. A spot in the preschool program will not be offered to your family unless you have completed the link above AND turned in the requested items listed below.
- After you fill out the Google Survey Link, you will have until March 4, 2022 to fill out the required documents and turn in hard copies to Michaela O’Connell at the Learning Resource Center. These items are listed above and can be mailed, faxed, or dropped off to the LRC on or after February 7, 2022. Please make sure the cover page states “Attention Michaela O’Connell” and each page is labeled with your child’s name and birth date.
- Student Information Enrollment Form
- Home Language Survey
- Copy of immunization records (most recent)
- Copy of your child’s most current physical
- Proof of birthdate (birth certificate, passport, signed immunization record by physician)
- Proof of Residency– The Linn-Mar School District requires two proofs of residency for all students.
- The first round of offers into our preschool program will occur the week of March 7, 2022. You will receive this offer via email with a deadline to accept or decline the offer.
Although our program fills up quickly, we encourage you to still apply as spots could potentially open up over the summer months.
Priority enrollment will be given to families that live in the Linn-Mar School District. 20% of the enrollment placements will be reserved for families that qualify as low-income for preschool openings.
Other Important Information: (these will be provided to you by your child’s teacher)
- Early Childhood PBIS
- Kids I-Sight Brochure
- Kids I-Sight Permission Form
- Linn County Resources
- Early Childhood Handbook 20-21
- Early Childhood Student Supply List 2020-21
For more information about the Early Childhood enrollment process, contact Michaela O’Connell, (319) 730-3627.
LRC Mailing Address
Learning Resource Center
Attn: Michaela O’Connell
2999 N 10th Street – Room 204
Marion, IA 52302
LRC Fax Number
Fax Number: 319-377-9252
District housed preschool locations will be at Bowman Woods, Echo Hill, Linn Grove, and Wilkins.
Morning Session at all buildings will be 8:30-11:15.
Afternoon Session at all buildings will be 12:15-3:00.
The district partners with two preschool programs within our community, Hand in Hand Preschool and Collins Aerospace Day Academy. Both Hand in Hand Preschool and Collins Aerospace Day Academy follow the Iowa Quality Preschool Program Standards. If you would prefer to have your child attend one of the community preschool locations, please contact them directly at:
Hand in Hand
Phone: (319) 377-5686
Community preschool programs hold their own registration and have their own procedures for registration. Contact the individual preschool for questions or more information.