Little Lions Preschool
Linn-Mar Community School District is proud to be a part of the Statewide Voluntary Preschool Program. Linn-Mar will be offering free preschool for children who turn four years of age on or before September 15th of the school year. Little Lions is a high-quality preschool program offered by the Linn-Mar Community School District. Our inclusive preschool programming provides a setting in which students of all developmental backgrounds get to learn with and from each other in an enriching school-based setting. Children will have the opportunity to participate in one year of half-day, four day a week, learning experiences with a focus on social, emotional, behavioral growth while still supporting academics.
- All students will be served in either an AM or PM program, four days a week. (Tuesday through Friday)
- AM Session at all buildings will be from 8:30-11:15.
- PM Session at all buildings will be from 12:15-3:00.
- First day of preschool is Tuesday, September 5, 2023.
- Transportation is not provided by the grant.
- We do not provide before and after school childcare for our programs that housed in Linn-Mar Elementary Schools.
- We partner with Hand in Hand to provide preschool within their facilities. More information is provided below if you are interested in this option.
- Our program utilizes Creative Curriculum, which is based on early childhood theories and research. It creates purposeful and productive play experiences that help children grow in all areas. The goal of the program is for children to become independent, self-confident, curious learners who work well with others.
- Our programs reference the Iowa Early Learning Standards along with Creative Curriculum to make instructional decision making and guide learning.
- Little Lions is a fully inclusive preschool. Each classroom consists of children at all developmental levels.
- Our teachers are licensed teachers in the areas of early childhood and special education.
- Each classroom is staffed with one or more teacher associate.
- Linn-Mar’s Early Childhood Program follows Iowa Quality Preschool Program Standards (IQPPS).
- The number of sections, the location sites, and daily schedules for these programs will be determined by the district after schools have collected the data needed for making these decisions.
- 2022-2023 Little Lions and JK Handbook (important dates on page 4 and 7) Please note that the first day of Little Lions will be Tuesday, September 5, 2023.
- 2023-2024 Little Lions and JK Handbook
- Little Lions 2022-2023 Preschool Registration
- Optional School Supply List
Register for Little Lions Preschool
Preschool Registration begins the first Monday in February for the upcoming school year. Please see our registration site for more details.
Michaela O’Connell, Director of Early Childhood Education
Phone (319) 730-3627
Address: 2999 N 10th St, Marion, IA 52302
Fax: (319) 377-9252
Before and After School Daycare Partners
The district partners with Hand in Hand Preschool in providing the state program. All of the preschools follow the Iowa Quality Preschool Program Standards. If you would prefer to have your child attend one of the community preschool locations, please contact them directly at:
- Hand in Hand (319) 377-5686
Community preschool programs hold their own registration and have their own procedures for registration. Contact the individual preschool for questions or for more information.