Highlights from the June 26th Board of Education Special Session
Here are the highlights from the June 26th Board of Education special session.
Please remember these are just highlights and do not reflect the official minutes.
Bond Campaign: OPN Architects shared design concepts for the proposed 5/6 intermediate buildings with the Board of Education during the meeting. The discussion focused on various areas of the building including secure and safe entry, learning spaces, the library/media center (flexible learning space), gymnasium and cafeteria. Actual design and development of the 5/6 intermediate buildings would take place after the vote September 12.
Marketing materials for the Vote 2017 campaign were also shared with the School Board. The materials include poster boards and handouts that will be displayed and shared throughout the district.
The materials outline several key areas:
- Why we are voting September 12 (enrollment has grown by 15 percent in the past five years and is projected to reach 8,000 in 2021)
- What will the bond pay for (safe, secure, efficient new and improved spaces)
- How much will it cost (The bond issue proposes an incremental increase up to $1.65 on property taxes)
To learn more, please see the What, Why & How – Vote 2017 document.
- The board approved a transfer of funds of $12,280.94 from the general fund to the student activity fund for protective and safety equipment required for extracurricular/interscholastic contests or competition.
- Consent agenda: personnel, minutes and various contracts.
The next full board meeting will be held on Monday, July 10th at the Learning Resource Center. The meeting will begin at 5:00 PM with the work session, followed by the regular meeting at 7:00 PM.