Linn-Mar Moves To All Virtual Learning
As the coronavirus positivity numbers continue to rise in our area, the Linn-Mar Community School District has requested a waiver from the Iowa Department of Education. We plan to move to virtual learning for all students, Pre-K through 12th grade, during a two-week period from November 30th through December 11th, 2020.
Now is the time for us to be extremely cautious and safe. I understand the challenges this places on our families and it has been my goal to avoid going virtual for as long as possible. Unfortunately, I feel we have reached the point that the move to virtual is now necessary.
- The Linn County COVID positivity numbers have remained at 20% or higher for two consecutive weeks.
- Our student case numbers and staff absences have been on the rise.
- Our ability to obtain substitutes in all areas including teaching and learning, nutrition services, and transportation is becoming more of a challenge each day.
Our intent is to return to our current hybrid model on Monday, December 14th for PreK-12 grades, but we will revisit this plan and make a decision during the week of December 7th.
As we transition to virtual learning we ask the following:
- Please continue to report positive COVID cases to your school nurse as this will be essential information for us as we decide our future school plans.
- If you need to pick up your child’s medication, please contact your school nurse to arrange a time.
- Please note, families will receive specific information in the near future regarding daily virtual schedules and details on LIVE classroom instruction from their child’s teacher and/or building
- Grab and Go meals will be available from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM at various sites across the district. Click here for more information.
We appreciate your cooperation as we continue to work together to help keep everyone safe during this pandemic. If you have any questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com
Take care and stay healthy,