Linn-Mar Speech Team Competes at State
The Linn-Mar Speech Team traveled to Vinton-Shellsburg High School recently to participate in the Iowa High School Speech Association’s Individual State Contest.
At the competition, LMHS had 15 students who participated in 19 events.
Our students earned 17 Division I ratings (13 students received a Division I rating from all three judges).
Varsity Speech Division I ratings
- Jasmine Aquino (Improvisation)
- Sierra Christensen (Poetry)
- McKenna Flood (Prose)
- Emma Geneser (Acting)
- Katie Hidlebaugh (Expository Address and Radio Broadcasting)
- Megan Hoppe (Poetry)
- Cheyenne Mann (Storytelling and Poetry)
- Allie Mersch (Solo Musical Theatre and Literary Program)
- Erin O’Hara (Literary Program)
- Grace Wenisch (Literary Program and Prose)
Freshmen Speech Division I ratings
- Maddie DeJong (Storytelling)
- Gloria Hunt (Storytelling)
- Sadie Staker (Storytelling)
Akash Gururaja received a Division II rating in Spontaneous Speaking and Alexander Pfaff received a Division II rating in Radio Broadcasting.
Additionally, three Linn-Mar students have been selected to perform their events for Individual All-State at UNI on March 27th.
- Cheyenne Mann (Poetry and Storytelling)
- Grace Wenisch (Prose)
- Katie Hidlebaugh (Radio News)
Congratulations to the entire Linn-Mar Speech Team on their achievements at Individual State Speech!