From 1949 to 1962, students in grades 6-8 attended classes at Main Elementary. (Current LRC).
In 1963, Linn-Mar Junior High School opened, which later became a part of the high school building.
In 1995, Linn-Mar Intermediate School was built to house students in grades 5 and 6.
In 2001, a $17 million dollar bond issue was passed that allowed for the construction of Oak Ridge School.
Oak Ridge opened in 2003 and housed students in Kindergarten through 8th grade.
In 2006, voters approved a bond issue to construct Echo Hill elementary and convert Oak Ridge to a Middle School. The school later reopened its doors as a middle school in the fall of 2008.
In 2014, a second gymnasium with a performance platform was added with expansion to the cafeteria occurring in 2016.
Today, Oak Ridge is under the leadership of Principal Erica Rausch and a staff of more than 90. The school is home to 755 students.