Little Lions Preschool
The Linn-Mar Community School District offers preschool programming. Little Lions is an inclusive preschool, meaning typically developing children and children with special needs are in a classroom together. Children will have the opportunity to participate in a year of half-day, four day a week, school-based experience with a focus on social, emotional, behavioral growth while still supporting academics. This program utilizes Creative Curriculum, which aligns with the Iowa Early Learning Standards. The number of sections, the location sites, and daily schedules for these programs will be determined by the district after schools have collected the data needed for making these decisions.
Linn-Mar Community School District is proud to be a part of the Statewide Voluntary Preschool Program. Linn-Mar will be offering free preschool for children who turn four on or before September 15th of the school year. Below is important information about the program:
- Our Early Childhood Program utilizes Creative Curriculum, which is based on early childhood theories and research. It creates purposeful and productive play experiences that help children grow in all areas. The goal of the program is for children to become independent, self-confident, curious learners who work well with others.
- Little Lions is a fully inclusive preschool. Each preschool classroom consists of typically developing children and children with special needs.
- A certified teacher trained in early childhood education and special education, along with one or more associates will be assigned to each class.
- Linn-Mar’s Early Childhood Program follows Iowa Quality Preschool Program Standards (IQPPS).
- All students will be served in either an AM or PM program, four days a week. Students with special needs and have an Individualized Education Plan will attend preschool on Wednesdays. Preschool locations will be determined at a later date.
- Transportation is not provided by the grant.
Executive Director of Student Services: Leisa Breitfelder
Questions may be directed to:
Dianne Van Praag
Leisa Breitfelder, Executive Director of Student Services
Phone (319) 447-3019
Address: 2999 N 10th St, Marion, IA 52302
Fax: (319) 377-9252
The district partners with Hand in Hand Preschool and Collins Aerospace Day Academy in providing the state program. All of the preschools follow the Iowa Quality Preschool Program Standards. If you would prefer to have your child attend one of the community preschool locations, please contact them directly at:
- Hand in Hand (319) 377-5686
- Collins Aerospace Day Academy (319) 295-4440 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Community preschool programs hold their own registration and have their own procedures for registration. Contact the individual preschool for questions or for more information.