Little Lions Preschool
Little Lions is a high quality preschool program offered by the Linn-Mar Community School District. Our inclusive preschool programming provides a setting in which students of all developmental backgrounds get to learn with and from each other in an enriching school-based setting. Children will have the opportunity to participate in one year of half-day, four day a week, learning experiences with a focus on social, emotional, behavioral growth while still supporting academics. We believe that students learn best through exploration, play, and application of newly gained information. By using research based curriculum and standards, our teachers are able to support your child as they become independent, self-confident and curious learners who work well with others.
Linn-Mar Community School District is proud to be a part of the Statewide Voluntary Preschool Program. Linn-Mar will be offering free preschool for children who turn four years of age on or before September 15th of the school year. Below is important information about the program:
- Our Early Childhood Program utilizes Creative Curriculum, which is based on early childhood theories and research. It creates purposeful and productive play experiences that help children grow in all areas. The goal of the program is for children to become independent, self-confident, curious learners who work well with others.
- The Linn-Mar Early Childhood Program utilizes the Iowa Early Learning Standards along with Creative Curriculum to make instructional decision making and guide learning.
- Little Lions is a fully inclusive preschool. Each preschool classroom consists of typically developing children and children with special needs.
- A certified teacher trained in early childhood education and special education, along with one or more associates will be assigned to each class.
- Linn-Mar’s Early Childhood Program follows Iowa Quality Preschool Program Standards (IQPPS).
- All students will be served in either an AM or PM program, four days a week.
- AM Session at all buildings will be from 8:30-11:15.
- PM Session at all buildings will be from 12:15-3:00.
- The number of sections, the location sites, and daily schedules for these programs will be determined by the district after schools have collected the data needed for making these decisions.
- Transportation is not provided by the grant.
Director of Early Childhood Education: Michaela O’Connell
Questions may be directed to:
Michaela O’Connell, Director of Early Childhood Education
Phone (319) 730-3627
Address: 2999 N 10th St, Marion, IA 52302
Fax: (319) 377-9252
The district partners with Hand in Hand Preschool and Collins Aerospace Day Academy in providing the state program. All of the preschools follow the Iowa Quality Preschool Program Standards. If you would prefer to have your child attend one of the community preschool locations, please contact them directly at:
- Hand in Hand (319) 377-5686
- Collins Aerospace Day Academy (319) 295-4440 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Community preschool programs hold their own registration and have their own procedures for registration. Contact the individual preschool for questions or for more information.