Little Lions Preschool
The Linn-Mar Community School District offers programs for three, four and five-year-old-children. Little Lions is an inclusive preschool, meaning typically developing children and children with special needs are in a classroom together. The number of sections, the location sites, and daily schedules for these programs will be determined by the district after schools have collected the data needed for making these decisions.
Linn-Mar Community School District is proud to be a part of the Statewide Voluntary Preschool Program. Linn-Mar will be offering free preschool for children who turn four on or before September 15, 2017. Below is important information about the program:
- Our Early Childhood Program utilizes Creative Curriculum, which is based on early childhood theories and research. It creates purposeful and productive play experiences that help children grow in all areas. The goal of the program is for children to become independent, self-confident, curious learners who work well with others.
- Little Lions is a fully inclusive preschool. Each preschool classroom consists of typically developing children and children with special needs.
- A certified teacher trained in early childhood education and special education, along with one or more associates will be assigned to each class.
- Linn-Mar’s Early Childhood Program follows Iowa Quality Preschool Program Standards (IQPPS).
- All students will be served in either an AM or PM program, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Students with special needs and have an Individualized Education Plan will attend preschool on Wednesdays. Preschool locations will be determined at a later date.
- Transportation is not provided by the grant.
Children will have the opportunity to participate in a year of half-day, four day a week, school-based experience with a focus on social, emotional, behavioral growth while still supporting academics. This tuition-based program utilizes Creative Curriculum, which aligns with the Iowa Early Learning Standards. Three and four year olds will learn together in the same classroom.
Children will have the opportunity to participate in a year of half-day, four day a week, school-based experience with a focus on social, emotional, behavioral growth while still supporting academics. This program utilizes Creative Curriculum, which aligns with the Iowa Early Learning Standards. Four year old children will be served in a blended classroom with either three year olds or five year olds.
Associate Director of Student Services: Kristi Hicks
Questions may be directed to:
Dianne Van Praage
Kristi Hicks, Associate Director of Student Services
Phone (319) 730-3627
The district partners with Hand in Hand Preschool and Rockwell Collins Child Development Center in providing the state program. All of the preschools follow the Iowa Quality Preschool Program Standards. If you would prefer to have your child attend one of the community preschool locations, please contact them directly at:
- Hand in Hand (319) 377-5686
- Rockwell Collins Child Development Center (319) 295-4440 or email@example.com
Community preschool programs hold their own registration and have their own procedures for registration. Contact the individual preschool for questions or for more information.